Incredible spaces + family = contentment.
We love creating customized, functional, beautiful spaces for the families we serve, so they can enjoy a crave-able sense of contentment at home. When the house feels right, it invites the family and friends to come together in those spaces, and that is a beautiful thing!
Together, we have been designing, moving furniture, and [technically] working together since 1990. Being born to the same parents allowed us to begin the pursuit of all things home at the ages of 6 (Lee) and 8 (Nivette). Yep–we’re family! In our younger years we both loved drawing floor plans, reviewing the Southern Living blueprint catalogs, grabbing printed real estate magazines, and of course, utilizing each other (and additional siblings) to rearrange the furniture in our shared bedroom. Fast forward to Nivette leaving home to go to college in Utah, seeking a degree in family development, and then Lee eventually going to the different college in Idaho for interior design, only to switch two years later to Nivette’s school and ultimately graduate in art education. A handful of years later Lee was attending Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia where she got her MFA in interior design, and to where Nivette eventually moved. Contented Interiors (formerly LHW Interiors) officially began in 2012 with just Lee, but Nivette joined during the pandemic and we are thriving working together, again! We may no longer do the actual dragging around of all the furniture for clients, but we both believe in and adore the transformative power of interior design more than ever! More importantly for the success of the designs and our clients’ peace of mind, we understand one another, we have the same expectations and standards surrounding results and communication, and we are both committed to ensuring our clients are happy. We wouldn’t have it any other way. From our family to yours, we wish you contented interiors!
Lee Harmon Waters, Owner + Lead Designer
- MFA in Interior Environments, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2012.
- BS in Art Education, Brigham Young University, 2007.
- Mom to three humans under the age of 10. Previous dog mom…currently enjoying clients’ dogs.
- Loves: education–both learning and teaching, being the first one on the dance floor, rapidly switching from being very serious to joking around
- Loathes: standing behind a “I want to see your manager” in a checkout line, US-reliance on foreign fossil fuels, inaction
Nivette Connors, Project Coordinator
- BS in Marriage, Family & Human Development, Brigham Young University, 2004.
- Mom to three humans under the age of 15. Dog mom to one.
- Loves: reading every book she can get her hands on, baking the best cinnamon rolls in RVA (seriously!), re-organizing her house multiple times a year
- Loathes: being late, bad drivers, food waste
Other Team Members
We also work with our A-team of trusted trades, contractors, and other services providers to ensure working with us is as smooth as possible. When you hire Contented Interiors, you’re bringing on a team of educated, trained, licensed, and organized professionals. Your job is as simple as communicating your needs and desires for your home! Click the following links to learn more about our services, as well as inquire about bringing us onto your project.