The perfect sofa for families is:
- Built to last
- Engineered for adult comfort (these aging rear ends need high end suspension and decadent filling)
- Covered in performance fabrics.
The perfect sofa for families is also one that is hard to dismantle by children and easy to put back together. Can you see what I mean by looking at the below sofa which we are currently customizing for a client? Please note that it has ONE bench seat cushion and the back cushion is a tight to the frame. There are also only two large scale pillows. Here’s why it’s ideal for families.
- High quality sofas aren’t stress-inducers when the kids jump on them–which they will. Just flip any loose cushions, and vacuum the entire piece to keep dirt from wearing the fabric down, at least once a month (weekly is preferred), and you’ll be loving that sofa for decades (recovering is going to be worth it when the time comes!).
- The larger seat cushion keeps kids from being able to easily pull it off the sofa when they try to create an entire room fort.
- The back cushion cannot be removed at all!
- The larger pillows mean less to pick up off the floor, while the scale of them makes a distinct statement and supports a variety of sized people.