I know exactly what it’s like as a mother to want a space that reflects me and my husband’s goals and tastes in life. Additionally, I need a space that won’t injure my kids, or be damaged by them. Through my own experience, and now my mother’s experience as a grandmother to my kids, as well as the experiences of some of my clients, I completely understand how long many moms and grandmothers have waited to have a space that reflects them–a space they LOVE!
My Chic, Kid-Proof Living Rooms course is all about combining function with beauty, so that you can design a living room space just like an interior designer would–just like I would! Over the 8 hours of recorded course content, we cover:
- Figuring out what’s not working in your space.
- Defining your style goals.
- Furnishing planning to seat everybody, store everything, and have enough lighting.
- Defining what makes a space chic.
- Drafting your space to avoid making purchasing mistakes.
- Understanding scale so you ensure the furniture in the room isn’t too big or small.
- Kid-proofing strategies that protect your furniture and protect your kids. Whether talking about layout or performance materials, kids are always at the core of the content.
- Working with existing furnishings, if buying all new furniture isn’t a possibility.
- Creating focal points to provide moments of beauty and order.
- Determining and meeting the needs of the space, to create an interior that not only looks beautiful, but allows you to have enough storage and enjoy your favorite activities.
- Stylish storage solutions to store toys without sacrificing style.
- The best performance fabrics and rug fibers, and where to buy them.
- The tips and tricks that I use when designing Chic, Kid-Proof interiors.
- My authentic answers to the real-life questions from the beta-round course participants.
+ all of my favorite double duty furnishings