Since most of us work on a brightly lit computer, we often forget the power of having a functional table lamp on the desk or on a nearby credenza.
- Lamps add height variety on a desk with shorter items (laptop, stacked files, pencil cup, etc.).
- Lamps bring a softness with their shapes, and materials.
- Lamps add warm, visually pleasing lighting on your work area, which elevates your mood.
- Lamps introduce personality and color.
Here are some gorgeous inspiration photos of desks with lamps.
Points to remember with desk lamps.
- You can totally use a table lamp, not just a desk lamp.
- Go tall enough so that the light is mostly above eye level.
- The lamp is like a sculpture, so pick one you absolutely adore!
The Ultimate Amazon Lamp Roundup
I’ve spent some time curating an assortment of lamps you can order on Amazon (Oh, Amazon! One of the most constant elements in our lives right now!) and have chosen brands I’ve either used with clients before or which come highly recommended. In addition to being fabulously stylish, each of these lamps is tall enough to handle the tricks of proper illumination and statement making.
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.